1/26/12

Vocab. Let's Build Together!

I am a HUGE word geek. I love learning a new words everyday. I look up words of the day on Dictionary.com and try to figure out how I can use that word in everyday life. Most of the time I can't because most fancy words just sound great on their own...like the word PROSSY. Anyway, I wanted to share some fun words with you all weekly. I think it's very important that we expand our intellect in the literal aspect in this text/social network savvy world we're living in. Like I said, I am a proud word geek, so maybe it's just me that finds joy in reading the dictionary still.

This week's word is: METTLE (pronounced MET-EL, sounds like METAL)
It's a Noun.

Definition: boldness, strength of character, courage

Words similar to METTLE: bravery, backbone, heroism

Words opposite to METTLE: timid, weakness

Example of use in "real" life:

"You can stand up to your boss with your mettle personality and creative ideas."


@therealgurl


*special thanks to Thesaurus.com for the word of the day today :)



No comments:

Post a Comment